TIA 2005: Art from Ephemera (Mail Art and the Internet)
Text and Image Arts
School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Fall 2007 - Spring 2009

Monday, January 28, 2008

Found Magazine.com


I found this while going through my Grandfather's attic. I was surprised to see how good looking men were back then. I slipped in into my purse without telling my grandfather, I'll never know the people and he'll never know I have it.


The picture above is my found object that I submitted to the website,foundmagazine.com. The picture turned out to be a picture of my grandfather's wrestling team in 1939, not knowing that my grandfather was actually present in this picture until my mom brought it to my attention. Previously before speaking with my mother I had taken it upon myself to submit the picture with my small blurb that described what I was posting and a little story behind it. The picture became more personal and extremely creepy that one of the "good looking men" was my 88 year old grandfather. I highly enjoyed partaking in the website and found the site extremely user friendly.



No comments: